Tondrek, Artificer Savant
Never been to unimversity before, 'cept with Strange Eye Elf. She showed me lots of fun books, but the stuffy dwarf guy didn't like the way I tried to rearrange the pages. 
|Str 11 (+5)||Dex 13 (+6)||Wis 14 (+7)|
|Con 20 (+10)||Int 20 (+10)||Cha 9 (+4)|
|Str 13 (+6)||Dex 12 (+6)||Wis 16 (+8)|
|Con 18 (+9)||Int 2 (+1)||Cha 8 (+4)|
Mini-Stat Block Edit
[sblock=Tondrek][color=royalblue][b]Tondrek[/b][/color]—Male Half-orc Alchemist Artificer Self-Forged 11 Initiative: +9, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22 (26 vs traps), Passive Insight: 17 AC: 24, Fort: 24, Reflex: 23, Will: 21 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging HP: 82/82, Bloodied: 41, Surge: 20, Surges left: 11/12; Half-orc Resilience Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0 Powers - [color=#44AA44]Magic Weapon Static Shock[/color] [color=#AA2255]Burning Weapons Repulsion Strike Vampiric Weapons Battlefist Smash[/color] [color=#BBBBBB]Punishing Eye Flameheart Defender Radiant Sigil[/color] [color=#AA2255]Healing Infusion x2 Swift Mender Furious Assault[/color] [color=#BBBBBB]Regeneration Infusion Sigil of Luck[/color] [color=#E9822A]Targeting Superior Crossbow +2 (daily) Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily) [s]Doggie (daily)[/s] Clockwork Bombs (1 lvl 4, 2 lvl 9) Acidic Spark Ammunition 3 Tension Wheels 3 Potions of Healing 5 Woundpatches[/color] Doggie—Construct 10 Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17 AC: 24, Fort: 22, Reflex: 19, Will: 21 — Speed: 6 HP: 35/7; Bloodied 4 Crafty—Construct 11 (Inactive) AC: 24, Fort: 22, Reflex: 19, Will: 21 — Speed: 6 HP: 1; Crafty is never damaged a missed attack. http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB%3APC%3ATondrek_(stonegod)[/sblock]
|Deep-Pocket Cloak +3||13000gp||1lb|
|Skald's Leather Armor +2||3400gp||16lbs|
|Magic Battlefist +3||9000gp||0lb|
|Targeting Superior Crossbow +2||3600gp||6lbs|
|40 bolts||4gp||4 lbs|
|Alchemy Gloves||1800gp||0 lbs|
|Doggie (Ironwood Hound)||5000gp||0lbs|
|Clockwork Bomb (level 4)||40gp||0lbs|
|2 Clockwork Bombs (lvl 9)||640gp||0lbs|
|3 Potions of Healing||150 gp||0lbs|
|3 Tension Wheels||120gp||0lbs|
|1 Acidic Spark Ammunition (lvl 9)||320gp||0lbs|
|Mysterious Clockwork Khyber Gear||-||-|
|Magic Music Box (left at Tower's Shard)||-||-|
|Identification Papers (standard)||2gp||0lbs|
Coins: 4335.3gp, 279 residuum
Encumbrance: 43lbs Normal Load: 100lbs Heavy Load: 200lbs Maximum Drag Load: 500lbs
Character Information Edit
Tondrek appears hunched and unkempt—his black hair is greasy and unruly, his green eyes watery and distracted, and he does not look like he takes care of himself. His gear, however, is well taken care of—there is no damage or smudges anywhere. If asked, Tondrek will lovingly detail their creation. Over his armor, he wears some commoner's clothing that he's obviously slept in.
Tondrek's right arm is missing below the elbow; in its place is a complex construction of iron, steel, detritus, and ironwood that terminates in a massive mechanical gauntlet. The gauntlet is as flexible as his old hand was but stronger, and only occasionally leaks fluid.
Tondrek is always accompanied by friends of his own creation: Doggie, a finely wrought iron-and-ironwood canine protector, and Crafty, Tondrek's waxy humanoid homunculus. Though Doggie is usually at Tondrek's side, Crafty is often hiding in Tondrek's (magically) oversized cloak.
Age: 18 Gender: Male Height: 5'11" Weight: 190 lbs.
Tondrek constantly mutters to himself, hunching back and forth, and can be found playing with some odd mechanical bit of something in his hands. If talked to directly, he will not look directly at the talker, but answer indirectly. Of most subjects, he is not too very helpful. But when it is something he knows about (buildings, magic, etc.), we will drone on without stop. He is generally oblivious to the outside world when not talked to directly, unless something catches his fancy. Obviously magical, mechanical, or alchemical things always catch his fancy.
Tondrek does not comprehend his background. He does not fully understand that his mother, Hordreth d'Tharask, a House Tharashk heir whom he never knew, somehow conceived him by a willful and brash House Cannith heir named Tannith Vown d'Cannith. All he knows is that some humans named Cannith and some orcs named Tharashk are after him, and will probably hurt him.
Tondrek grew up in the slums of High Walls in an orphanage for refugees from the Last War. He did not fit there, however. First, he wasn't human, he was half-orc. Second, he was obviously "damaged"—he muttered to himself and had a severe difficulty interacting with others. He did have a natural knack for mechanisms; he broke into the headmaster's office several time in his youth, and could be found rocking on the master's desk, muttering to himself.
One day, when Tondrek was in his teens, he was given to a stranger, a Marcher half-orc. The Marcher did not talk to Tondrek, not that Tondrek tried; he only interacted with him once—the Marcher searched for and found the strange green-blue mark that twisted beneath Tondrek's skin. Tondrek knew that he could do things with that mark; but not why.
For some time, Tondrek lived with the Marcher. The Marcher never spoke to him, though he had several arguments with visitors he never showed Tondrek. One regular visitor, a greybeard human named Maraan, did spend time with Tondrek. He seemed to see the knack the half-orc possessed, and while the Marcher spent months searching for something in the upper reaches of Sharn, the greybeard taught Tondrek the basics of artificing. Tondrek loved the lessons, especially the times he was able to play with the greybeard's homunculus.
Then, over a year ago, the Marcher took Tondrek on a journey to the highest towers of Sharn. He did not say why; all he did was dress the boy well. Tondrek was lead to some gathering—fancy dressed folks flitted about the warforged guarded palace. It was a party for a returned Cannith heir, long gone on an exploration of Xen'drik. It was supposed to be a celebration, until the Marcher thrust Tondrek at the man and accosted him.
"Tannith Vown d'Cannith! Here is the mistake you tried to forget! Here is what you wrought when you thought none would know! My sister Hordreth d'Tharashk died from your seed, and now all shall know your shame!" With that, the Marsher ripped off Tondrek's fancy shirt, exposing the aberrant dragonmark for all to see!
Needless to say, things went chaotic after that. Tondrek does not fully understand, but he knows that some humans with the name Cannith and some half-orcs with the name Tharashk now chase him. He fell in with low-life after low-life who used his skills and then run when Cannith or Tharask agents show up; but so far he has eluded the seekers.
More recently, Tondrek has found other misfits like him. He spent some time with a group of outcasts for a while and had some adventures before coming to the Tower's Shard. There, he left on an exciting adventure on a prototype airship, but was left stranded in Darguun. After working his way back to Sharn, he has now taken up semi-permanent residence in the Shard, helping Brews while waiting for adventure.
- Parts of both House Tharashk (relative of his mother) and Cannith (relatives of his father) search for him. Their intent may not be pure.
- One of the groups Tondrek fell in with for a time may seek him out for unknown reasons.
- Tondrek has discovered two parts of a mysterious schema that seems tied to the Draconic Prophesy.
Tannith Vown d'Cannith is a powerful Mastermaker who would rather see the Tondrek problem "solved" then let it go. Tannith's occasional attempts to seek Tondrek spur the boy forward.
Recent Adventures Edit
Dirty Money: Tondrek, feeling sorry for a sad halfamaling, tried to find its dad. Somehow, this involved bad kobolds, undead, undead kobolds, and other weird stuff. They even killed a dragon! There was a bit about the draconic prophesy , and a weird schema blueprint , and he found a cool music-making chest and was given a Khyber shard that was gear-like . It was great!
Eye of the Tiger: Tondrek and his friends are hired to find a missing part of the schema he was given! He got to ride an airship, though he had to fix it lots, and got lost in a jungle where several of his friends disappeared. But eventually they found a ziggurat with a pretty demon lady that showed him what was under her—another schema! Tondrek took it back to the dwarf that hired them, upgraded Doggie, and cut off his arm! He made it better
Companions (according to Tondrek):
- Little Big Girl (Rohna) - Goliath Fighter/Shaman (Vertexx69)
- Talky Gnome (Lady Roswyn d'Sivis) - Gnome Wizard/Bard (ryrguy)
- Scary Dark Man (Tamarand): Drow Storm Sorcerer (renau1g)
- Marky 'Forged (Cleaver d'Deneith) - Warforged Barbarian (ukingsken)
- Stormy Half-Elf/Sorta-Pointy-Eared One (Lady Shava Devla d'Lyrandar) - Half-Elf Sorcerer (ScorpiusRisk)
- Thrifty Man (Brenron) - Dwarf Invoker (Mal Malenkirk)
- Other Stormy Lady (Thalen) - Half-elf Warden (renau1g)
- Sorta Pointy-Ear Man/Shiny Not-Elf (Venakhad) - Kalashtar Cleric (Neurotic)
- Not Me Orc (Gren) - Changeling Rouge (twilsemail)
- Mean Orc (Rumbum) - Orc Fighter (dimsdale)
|Attack Type||Attrib||Attrib Type||Class||Class Feature||Feat||Feat Name||Equip||Equip Name||Misc||Misc Name||Level||Total||vs?|
|str||6||Magic Battlefist +3||1||LEB Expertise||5||12||AC|
|dex||5||Targeting Superior Crossbow +2||1||LEB Expertise||5||13||AC|
|Defense||Attrib||Attrib Type||Class||Racial||Feat||Feat Name||Equip||Equip Name||Misc||Misc Name||Level||Total|
|Armor Class||1/5||dex/int||0||4||Skald's Leather Armor +2||5||24|
|Fortitude||0/5||str/con||1||3||Deep-Pocket Cloak +3||5||24|
|Reflex||1/5||dex/int||3||Deep-Pocket Cloak +3||5||23|
|Will||2/-1||wis/cha||1||3||Deep-Pocket Cloak +3||5||21|
Senses and Reactions Edit
|Senses and Reactions|
|Sense/Reaction||Attrib mod||Class||Class Feature||Racial||Feat||Feat Name||Equip||Equip Name||Level||Other/Trained||Total|
|Initiative||1||0||0||0||3||Thirst for Battle||0||0||5||0||9|
|--||Base Class||Con||Per Level||Racial||Feat||Feat Name||Equip||Equip Name||Other||Total||Blooded||Surge|
Surges per day: 12 (6 class, +5 Con, +1 feat)
Speed and Movement Edit
Speed: 6; 8 when charging
Racial Features Edit
- +2 Con, +2 Dex
- +2 Endurance, +2 Intimidate
- Languages: Common, Goblin
- Furious Assault racial power
- Half-orc Resilience: First time bloodied, gain 10 temporary hit points
- +2 to charging
- Low-light vision
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6
Class Features Edit
- Arcane Empowerment: Augment attack of item or recharge daily power once per day per item.
- Arcane Rejuvenation: Grant allies temporary hit points when they use daily item power.
- Healing Infusions: Creating infusions to heal.
- Ritual Casting: Ritual Casting for free; Brew Potion, Disenchant Magic Item, Enchant Magic Item, and Make Whole free. No materials for Disenchant Magic Item.
- Battlefist: Tondrek gains a battle fist. So long as the hand is empty, he can attack with it.
- Fortifying Action: Tondrek gains 10 temporary hit points when he spends an action point.
- Supporting Construction: +2 to saves vs ongoing damage
Theme Features Edit
- 1st: Can create 1 alchemical item during a short rest of level or lower; only one such item at a time.
- 1st: Learn one alchemical recipe (Alchemist's Fire)
- 5th: Learn one alchemical recipe (Rust Bomb)
- 10th: Learn one alchemical recipe (Jolt Flask)
- 10th: +2 to attacks with alchemical items
List level taken and link to the source.
- 1st: Mark of Making (EPG)
Staff Fighting (Dr 368)→ Weapon Proficiency (Superior Crossbow)
- 4th: Arcane Familiar (AP)
- 6th: Thirst for Battle (PH2)
- 8th: Crossbow Caster
- 10th: Speed Loader
- 11th: Enhanced Resistive Formula
Background Trait Edit
Cannith Inventor (EPG): +2 Arcana.
Skills and Languages Edit
Languages: Common, Goblin
|Skill||Trained||Attrib||Attrib Type||Racial||Feat||Feat Name||Equip||Equip Name||Level||Total|
|Arcana||5||5||int||4||Arcane Familiar, Background||5||19|
|Bluff||-1||cha||2||Skald's Leather Armor +2||5||6|
|Diplomacy||-1||cha||2||Skald's Leather Armor +2||5||6|
|Attack Type||Attrib||Attrib Type||Class||Class Feature||Feat||Feat Name||Equip||Equip Name||Misc||Misc Name||Level||Total||vs?|
|Static Shock||5||Int||3||Crossbow Caster, Targeting Superior Crossbow +2, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||13||Reflex|
|Magic Weapon||5||Int||1||Magic Weapon||7||Magic Battlefist +3, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||18||AC|
|Magic Weapon||5||Int||1||Magic Weapon||6||Targeting Superior Crossbow +2, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||17||AC|
|Burning Weapons||5||Int||7||Magic Battlefist +3, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||17||AC|
|Burning Weapons||5||Int||6||Targeting Superior Crossbow +2, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||16||AC|
|Repulsion Strike||5||Int||7||Magic Battlefist +3, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||17||Reflex|
|Repulsion Strike||5||Int||6||Targeting Superior Crossbow +2, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||16||Reflex|
|Flameheart Defender, Standard/OAs||5||Int||2||Flameheart Defender||3||Crossbow Caster, Targeting Superior Crossbow +2, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||15||AC|
|Flameheart Defender, Burst||5||Int||3||Crossbow Caster, Target Superior Crossbow +2, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||13||Reflex|
|Vampiric Weapons||5||Int||7||Magic Battlefist +3, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||17||Reflex|
|Vampiric Weapons||5||Int||6||Targeting Superior Crossbow +2, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||16||Reflex|
|Battlefist Smash||5||Int||7||Magic Battlefist +3, LEB Expertise||0||0||5||17||Reflex|
Staring Gold (5th level): 1420gp = 100+1/5(360+520+680+840)+840
+ 1420 gp starting gold - 840 gp Onyx Dog - 28.1 gp Mundane Equipment - 40 gp Clockwork Bomb (lvl 4) - 175 gp Transfer Enchantment Ritual Book - 160 gp Clockwork Bomb Formula - 120 gp Woundpatch Formula -------- 55.9 gp remaining + 200 gp Gold from 10 RP spent (1000/5) -------- 255.9 gp - 40 gp Clockwork Bomb (lvl 4) - 60 gp 2 Woundpatches - 70 gp Alchemist's Acid Forumula - 60 gp 3 Alchemist's Acid -------- 25.9 gp + 360 gp 6th level gold split Dirty Money -------- 385.9 gp + 15 gp Tip from Roswyn for Disenchant Ritual - 30 gp Superior Crossbow - 25 gp Transfer Enchantment ritual components + 14 gp Sell 2 repeating crossbows - 2 gp 40 crossbow bolts (4 lbs) + 520 gp 10 RPs from 7th level (Dirty Money) + 12 gp Sell 3 alchemist acids + 680 gp 8th level gold split (given Dirty Money) - 175 gp Knock Ritual Book - 150 gp 3 Potions of Healing - 120 gp Alchemist's Spark Formula - 120 gp Tension Wheel Formula - 640 gp 2 Clockwork Bombs (lvl 9) - 120 gp 3 Tension Wheels - 90 gp 3 Woundpatches - 160 gp 2 Acidic Spark Ammuntion -------- 164.9 + 680 gp Gold from 8th level (part from The Eye of the Tiger) + 1000 gp Gold from 10 RP spent at 10th level + 5000 gp Gold from gold parcel at 10th level + 4000 gp Gold from difference in parcel value to actual value -------- 10844.9 gp - 5000 gp Ironwood Hound + 420 gp Sell Onyx Dog - 40 gp Alchemy Case - 1800 gp Alchemy Gloves - 100 gp Spellshard + 10 gp Sell Ritual Book + 0.4 gp Sell backpack and belt pouch -------- 4335.3 gp
0 r starting + 136 r Disenchant Point Blank Crossbow +1 after Dirty Money + 168 r Disenchant Battle Staff +1 after Dirty Money - 25 r Transfer Enchantment ritual (Spiked Gauntlets to Battlefist) --------- 279 r remaining
- Level 1: Parcel lvl+2
- Level 2: Parcel lvl+4
- Level 3: Parcel lvl+1
- Level 4: Parcel gold lvl
- Level 5: Parcel lvl+3
- Level 6: Parcel lvl+2
- Level 7: Parcel lvl+1
- Level 8: Parcel lvl+3
- Magic Spiked Gauntlets +3 Dirty Money
- Level 9: Parcel lvl+4
- Deep Pocket Coat +3 The Eye of the Tiger and 4000gp (diff of lvl 12 & lvl 13 item)
- Level 10: Gold Parcel
Starting XP (5th level):
- 5500 XP
XP From 10 RP
- 2000 XP
XP From Dirty Money:
XP from The Eye of the Tiger:
- 3902 XP
- 1200 XP from 3 RP at 9th level
- 5500 XP from 11 RP at 10th level
Total XP: 26322
- 2010/05/30 9 RP from Dirty Money
- 2010/05/30 Spent 9 RP + 1 DM RP. Gain 1 level, 520 gp, and 1 treasure parcel
- 13 RP from The Eye of the Tiger
- 2011/08/02 Spent 13 RP + 1 DM RP. Gain 2 levels, 1000 gp, and 1 treasure parcel
Total RP: 0
To be determined
Notes on Import from LEB 3.5E Edit
- Half-orc (kept)
- Artificer 5 (kept)
- Changed Aberrant Dragonmark (find secret doors) →Mark of Making. Fits Tondrek's theme and background, and would still make him hunted by some
- Doggie (Iron Defender) → Doggie ("Onyx" Dog). Serves same purpose as the original (protects Tondrek)
- Added crafter homunculus as familiar. Good fit with Tondrek.
Otherwise, the conversion keeps most of what Tondrek was.
- 2009/07/18: Created
- ??: Leveled up to 7th
- 2010/01/06: Level to 8th after Dirty Money
- 2010/08/02: XP and RP to get to Paragon
Judge Comments Edit
Level 6 Edit
Approval 1 Edit
Approved for Level 6 with 7500 XP by renau1g
Approved for Level 6 with 7500 XP by EvolutionKB
Level 7 Edit
Took Gale-Force Infusion, retrained Icebound Sigil for Obedient Servant.
Approval 1 Edit
- In the math section at the bottom powers the calculation is still showing the +1 crossbow, not the +2 one.
Minor though so approved.
Looks good SG. Approved by EvolutionKB
Level 8 Edit
Retrained Staff Fighting for Weapon Prof (Superior Crossbow). Took Crossbow Caster Feat. Added +1 to Int & Con. Treasure and stuff from Dirty Money.
Approval 1 Edit
Approval from TwoHeadsBarking:
- Summary: Skald's Armor gives an item bonus to those skills.
- Attacks: Your MBA is one point lower than it should be. Problem's in the Item column.
- Attacks: LEB's expertise bonus was recently changed to a Feat bonus.
Minor, so approved.
Approval from renau1g
Level 9–11 Edit
Retrained three powers (
Obedient Servant→Punishing Eye, Scouring Weapon→Burning Weapons, Gale Force Infusion→Vampiric Weapons), took Radiant Sigil (9th) and Sigil of Luck (10th) powers, added Speed Loader (10th) and Enhanced Resistive Formula (11th) feats, and chose Self-Forged paragon path and Alchemist theme. New racial bonuses for half-orcs were chosen (Dex, Str→Con).
Lots of item purchases and such.
Approval 1 Edit
Comments from TwoHeadsBarking:
- Summary/Attacks: Your RBA should be a bit worse, since your dex mod is just +1.
- Summary: Punishing Eye should only be increasing damage by 5.
- Summary: You shouldn't include your Gadgeteer's Garb healing bonus in your powers, as the bonus is too conditional.
- Summary: Case in point, Healing Infusion now has a range of 10.
Approval 2 Edit
Comments from renau1g:
- Summary: minor typo - equipment section you note it's a Magic Battlefirst +3 (wow, I'm reaching aren't I?)
- Still have THB's notes to clean up.